SOUTH BEND, Ind. – The Alabama men’s tennis team opens its 2022-23 season in the Bobby Bayliss Invitational at the Courtney Tennis Center in South Bend, Ind., where the Crimson Tide will face players from Notre Dame, Michigan and Columbia. The Crimson Tide gets things started Friday and will run through Sunday morning.
- The Bobby Bayliss Invitational will be played at the Courtney Tennis Center in South Bend, Ind.
- Alabama, host Notre Dame, Michigan and Columbia will compete in both singles and doubles throughout the weekend, September 23-25
- Alabama opens play Friday at 10 a.m., Saturday at 1 p.m. and Sunday at 8 a.m.
How to Follow
- Updates will be provided via the Crimson Tide’s twitter account – @AlabamaMTN
The Crimson Tide
- Filip Planinsek starts the 2022-23 season ranked 13th in the ITA’s preseason singles poll
- Planinsek and German Samofalov come into this season at No. 33 in the ITA doubles rankings
- The Crimson Tide returns a majority of its lineup from last season while also adding freshmen Roan Jones to this year’s roster
- After opening at this weekend’s Bayliss Invitational, the Crimson Tide men will co-host the Bama Four-In-The-Fall with the UA women’s team (Sept. 30-Oct. 2)
Get all the latest information on the team by following AlabamaMTN on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and Alabama Athletics on Facebook.